Security is always an important aspect of protecting your home or business, and a growing trend for many is the use of keyless door locks. There are a variety of features to consider when shopping for keyless locks, and these four products featured here are all great products to look into.
They are made to give you peace of mind and help you keep your home and family safe and secure. Check them out and see which options may work the best for your home or office security needs.
Note: looking for puck locks? Check out my article related to best puck locks here.
1. August Wi-Fi, (4th Generation) Smart Lock – Fits your existing deadbolt in minutes, Silver
August's smart locks have been some of our favorites since we reviewed the company’s first offering back in 2014. The August Wi-Fi Smart Lock includes a retrofit August lock and a DoorSense open-close sensor. Wi-Fi is built into this model, so you won't need to buy an $80 Connect module to enable remote access.
We selected this model at the top because of its multi-platform support, easy installation, and sleek aesthetics. This lock is compatible with Siri, Google Assistant, and Alexa for voice control and smart home integration. This door lock gives you an amazing feature of unlimited user access and codes with a log of every action that happens at your front door. This Wi-Fi Smart Lock replaces your existing interior thumb turn mechanism and uses the rest of your existing lock hardware, including the keys.
I love this lock because it has, Biometric Verification Opt in to use your smartphone’s fingerprint or facial recognition as an added security verification before operating your lock remotely. You can upgrade your existing lock easily by attaching it to your deadbolt on the inside of your door, which means you can continue to use your existing keys.
- Connected right out of the box. August Wi-Fi Smart Lock requires no additional bridge to connect to Wi-Fi, so you get full voice and remote access functionality without the fuss. Requires 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network.
- Send secure keys to friends, family or people you trust instantly, all from the August app. Cancel access any time.
- The 4th generation smart lock from August, now 45% smaller.
- 2 CR123A batteries required, which is included with initial purchase
- This lightweight lock only weighs 1.55 pounds.
- Can be controlled via August app.
- Control your door with your voice like Siri, Google Assistance, and the Alexa.
- Price is bit expensive due to advance features.
2. Schlage FE595VCAM716ACC FE595VCAM/ACC 716 Keypad Accent Lever Door Lock, Flex, Aged Bronze
Schlage is a renowned brand for quality door locks. This awesome door lock offers an easy way to enhance the style of a home, keep it safe, and even make it smarter. This door lock is specially designed to locks automatically and you never have to worry about locking yourself out because you only have to put in the code.
It weighs 5.04 pounds and is sized 9.37 x 8.15 x 6.69 inches. It requires 4 AA batteries, which are already included in the initial purchase. The main product color is Aged Bronze. Very easy to install, especially with a simple video tutorial available on YouTube. To my opinion, this is one of the best keyless door locks available at this price.
- Easy to install, one tool installation
- Keypad illuminates so you can see it at night
- Codes easily added or deleted
- Fit and finish are beautiful
- Warranty is lifetime mechanical and 1-year electronics.
- This lock is designed to install in a wood door, not in a metal-clad door.
3. Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt with Camelot Trim In Aged Bronze
This is a great product from Schlage with built-in Wi-Fi that allows you to lock/unlock from anywhere - no additional accessories required. Using the Schlage Home app or Key by Amazon app to create and manage up to 100 access codes for trusted friends and family for recurring, temporary, or permanent access.
This lock is compatible with Alexa, so you can check the status of your lock and lock/unlock your door. This smart lock with the combination of Alexa will inform you know when the battery is running low and it can set-up smart reorders through Amazon Dash Replenishment so you always have replacement batteries when needed.
This lock is a fingerprint-resistant, capacitive touchscreen with easy one-touch locking. One cool feature is voice control, which offers hands-free convenience when using voice-enabled products. It has built-in alarm technology that senses potential security breaches at the lock, while the low battery indicator offers an advanced warning for battery replacement. If you are looking for Keyless door locks with Wi-Fi then I suggest you try this one.
- It works with Amazon Alexa
- Fingerprint-resistant, capacitive touchscreen with easy one-touch locking.
- Optional voice control offers hands-free convenience.
- limited lifetime mechanical/finish and 3-year electronics warranty.
- If there is a power outage, the pre programed code will still work.
- Keypad lights up when pressing the "House" button.
- Super easy to install with Tutorial available in YouTube
- Using the app to manage access codes is easy and flexible.
- This Price is a bit high due to it's features.
4. Yale Assure Lock SL, Wi-Fi Smart Lock
This is one of the best keyless door locks provided by Yale. This is a smart door lock with a touchscreen keypad, which eliminates the old cylinder based lock system. With Yale Access App, you can now lock/unlock/share access from anywhere.
This lock has voice assistance which can help you to lock, unlock, and check lock status with Alexa, Google Assistant, and Siri. Alexa can also notify you when your battery is running low and can set up smart reorders through Dash Replenishment to have replacement batteries when needed. It's worthwhile to mention that, now you can add your Yale Assure smart lock to your smart home system - works with Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Google Assistant, Alexa, and Home-Kit.
The lock is 100% keyless meaning it's tamper-proof and there are no keys to lend or lose. It features a backlit touchscreen keypad so even when you don't have your phone, you can unlock your door without the hassle of keys. The Assure Lock is super easy to use and installs in minutes with just a screwdriver on standard doors (1-3/8" to 2-1/4" thick).
- Fully keyless door lock
- Lock/unlock/share access using Yale Access App
- Supports Alexa, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Google Assistant, and HomeKit
- Super easy to use and installs in minutes with just a screwdriver on standard doors (1-3/8" to 2-1/4" thick).
- Operating Temperature: -22 to 140°F / -30 to 60°C.
- Lifetime limited warranty on Finish and Mechanical. One year on Electronics.
- Initial purchase includes, Yale Assure Lock SL, Connected by August Module, August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge, August DoorSense, Deadbolt, Strike Plate, Mounting Hardware, Installation Manual.
- More than one phone can be used to unlock with proximity features.
- Good for your Airbnb homes.
- The Price is bit expensive.
5. Kwikset 99070-101 Powerbolt 2 Door Lock Single Cylinder Electronic Keyless Entry Deadbolt
Let me introduce you to one of the cheapest door locks which are manufactured by Kwikset in Satin Nickel color using good metal materials. This lock is a designer style and superior security with this Kwikset Signature Series product. It has some cool features like the automatic door locking after 30 seconds for peace of mind and the keypad stays lit for 5 seconds after inactivity.
- ANSI/BHMA grade 3 certified
- Includes latch with adjustable backset 2 to 3/8 inches to 2 to 3/4 inches to fit all standard door preparations
- Comes with a lifetime mechanical and finish warranty and a 1-year electronics warranty.
- 4 AA batteries are required which is included in the initial purchase.
- This is really cheap, so doesn't have all those integrations like Alexa / Google assistance, etc.
6.ULTRALOQ U-Bolt Pro Smart Lock, 6-in-1 Keyless Entry Door Lock
This is an awesome keyless door lock which is manufactured by U-Tec, which weighs 3.08 pounds and sizes in 2.95 x 2.95 x 1.22 inches. It has a cool color black with Satin Nickel and which is made of using Zinc alloy. This lock has a unique feature of a 6-in-1 Keyless Entry Smart Lock, which includes Fingerprint / Anti-peep Keypad / Smartphone / Auto-Unlock / Shake to Open / Mechanical Key.
U-Bolt Pro Smart Lock has build features like auto-lock / unlock, which Locks automatically as you leave and unlocks when you arrive. You can share access to your family, guests, or service people via a code or an eKey for permanent access, specific dates, or periods. This is a great feature if you planning to use it in your Airbnb homes.
U-Bolt is well known for its security which includes dual Data Encryption, which makes it impossible to unlock the door without your permission. This installation of the U-Bolt Pro Smart lock is easy and if you need any further guidance then you can watch the YouTube video as well.
- 6-in-1 Keyless Entry Smart Lock
- Auto-lock/unlock feature available
- Share access via App
- Dual Data Encryption security
- The price is a bit high because it has a lot of cool features.
As mentioned previously, smart locks provide safety and peace of mind even without worrying about a set of keys. They have convenient features like keyless codes, smartphone remote control, and custom access configurations. Before buying any keyless door lock, please consider the following facts.
Before buying any keyless door lock please decide your budget first. After doing the research I found that in the market there are a quite verity of smart door locks available which varies between $70-$299. The more advanced features you choose the more price goes up, especially if you want to integrate with your existing Alexa / Google Assistance.
Check universal quality standards
When buying door locks, you may become lost after hearing all those technical jargons, which is told to make you confused. So trust the Industry rankings which test the locks on behalf of you and give a proper ranking. One of the most popular rankings is ANSI Grade 1-3, which tells about the quality of that door lock in a universal quality checking system. Most exterior residential locks have ANSI grades between 1-3. On this scale, Grade 1 offers the highest level of security and is considered commercial grade. Grade 3 meets the basic residential requirements. I found that it's wiser to choose a Grade 1 or 2 lock and bolstering it with additional locks and security measures.
Is it for your Airbnb homes?
Are you planning to buy door locks for your Airbnb homes or rental properties, then I would recommend using the smart door locks which have build-in Apps and options available to share codes via the App. It will make your life much easier in the sense that, when your new tenant comes, you just give them access via mobile app, and when they leave you can revoke the access through that mobile App. I found through my research that, a lot of users get benefits by using this kind of door locks in their Airbnb homes or rental properties.
Smart locks solve those problems by way of smartphone apps and optional remote locking and unlocking features. Just know that remote access usually requires the use of some sort of WIFI bridge, at an additional cost. If you are planning to buy a new keyless door lock, then I recommend buying from anyone listed above. I did some search on smart door locks and also provided a buying guide which might help you to choose the correct one for your requirements.
Please share this article with your friends if you think it's beneficial and will help them to choose the correct door locks for their home security.
On a random note, if you are looking tips for latest gadgets then please visit www.GadgetAnswer.com